I have been doing monthly “resolutions” rather than New Year’s Resolutions. These goals are smaller than ones I hope to accomplish in a year. I do have long term goals without dates attached but having some with dates helps with my focus.
Current Month’s Resolutions
- To eat vegetarian completely one day a week. (old)
- To try a new recipe each week. (old)
- To enjoy some form of activity every day. (old)
- To lose 5 pounds. (old)
- To cut out artificial sweetners, so no yogurts, juices, sodas, coffees, etc with splenda, nutrasweet or the like. If I want something sweet it have to be from something that grew, either fruit or <gasp> real sugar, honey, molasses etc.
- To beat my 5k time and try to run the whole thing (I will except the hill if needed, but I plan to try it.)
Long Term Goals
To get out of the obese BMI and into Overweight
To get to a healthy weight
To run a 5k (that’s run not walk portions)
To complete a half marathon