Yes, I’m still here. Week 25

by Alison on October 4, 2010

I am mostly doing well but there are times when I am struggling, my eating is not as good as it could be, I find myself snacking much more than I used to or really want to.  So this week NO ADDED SUGAR.  So snacks will be fruit, better for me anyways and since I have to cut it up I have to really want it, far to easy to grab something that is packaged. I am trying to be less lazy.

I have not stepped on the scale in a couple of weeks, last time I was at the midwife I had gained 10 pounds, the downside 7 of them were since my last visit 6 weeks earlier so I’m hoping to not hit 7 again next week.  I tried to run a couple of times, it sucked. Between the sore hips and the bladder issues it is just out, the breasts finally stopped hurting but too late to get the running groove back on.  I did manage to run 2 miles a couple of weeks ago but it sucked so it’s out.  What really stinks is that now walking is really killing my hips too, I have decided it is probably because of all of the hills.  I have signed up for a pre-natal water aerobics class that I hope I like, I need more activity that is is fun, walking is no longer fun it is boring and I hate having to do it twice once for me and once for the dogs, the hills just make me scream.

I still feel like I look fat not pregnant, my loving husband agreed today, isn’t he nice??? In fairness I asked but yeah it sucks.  At least I feel the baby move now and know it’s real.  We still cannot agree on a name she has her middle names and last name but still no first name, why oh why was a boy’s name so easy????

I haven’t felt much like blogging, this blog is my weight loss journey not my day to day life and the intersections between weight loss and my life right now strike me as mostly whiny. I’m happy to be pregnant I wish I didn’t have to lose my body in the process.  But I do have a few things to share.  My garden sucked this year, we got a handful of good stuff but mostly it was a disappointment.  Half of it drowned with the constant rainfall and anything that really needed any kind of heat to grow didn’t.  That would be our tomatoes, peppers, eggplants etc.  We had some great green beans and zucchini and an awesome crop of potatoes but everything else was a wash and a massive waste of money which pisses me off.  I decided to put in a new bed this year since we had such explosions last year but this year nothing but suckage, oh well.

Super Easy Chicken Chili

I tried a great new mostly healthy chicken chili recipe that was totally easy and practically no cook since it started with a rotisserie chicken.  It turned out great check it out and was super simple which is awesome at the moment because my motivation to cook is not what it was.  I have planned a ton of meals that I plan to make in November and freeze for once the baby is born so we don’t have to live on take out or packaged crap.  So I have all the meals planned and the grocery shopping list.  I plan to spend a couple of days cooking and freezing, wish me luck and motivation 😛

Okay I have rambled enough, I will try to update more often, I’m sure you are all dying to get my updates LOL

{ 14 comments… read them below or add one }

Alison October 4, 2010 at 10:22 AM

I should add, yes, I am still reading your blogs just not commenting as much I do want to try to get back into that soon.

Kerrie @ Mom vs. Marathon October 4, 2010 at 11:26 AM

I think you’ll like the water aerobics class. Zoe is doing that, too.

I know the weight gain sucks — I found out I was pregnant after losing 45-50 pounds over a year. I did really great at the beginning (September-November), then in December I started falling off the wagon and then in January eating banana splits every night. Don’t do that. I gained 12 pounds in a month. I recovered for a month or so and then it was all ice cream and donuts after that.

The good thing for you, though, is that you know what works for after the baby comes. So, after you recover from the first 1 or 2 months, you’ll be able to get into a routine again — and you’ll want to get out of the house so walking will be great and before you know it, you’ll be running. Freezing meals is a brilliant idea! Especially if they are healthy. We ate mostly Costco freezer section food for an entire summer after my son was born and that did NOT help the waistline.

Then I was breastfeeding and got tricked into thinking I was losing weight — as soon as he stopped it magically reappeared. So I wasted a year, basically, where I should’ve/could’ve been running and eating healthy.

Learn from my mistakes. 🙂
Kerrie @ Mom vs. Marathon´s last blog post ..Caballo Blancos Coming!

Alison October 5, 2010 at 12:47 PM

LOL thanks Kerrie, I will try to learn from your mistake. Yes, most of what I plan to make and freeze are recipes that are on the site in various places and I figure if I go buy everything at Costco I’ll save a mint, normally the cheese and produced don’t last long enough to make it cost effective but when cooking for a month it should be.
Do you know if Zoe is doing the Monday/Wednesday or the Tuesday/Thursday?

SeattleRunnerGirl October 5, 2010 at 8:36 AM

Good to see a post from you, Alison – I was just thinking about you the other day! Hang in there with your pregnancy; I know it’s easy for me to say since I’m not experiencing it right now, but this too shall pass. And at the end of it you’ll have a beautiful daughter to celebrate!

I think the aqua-robics class is a great idea, and swimming in general is an excellent exercise for pregnant women since it is so low impact. I hope you’re lifting weights to maintain your strength, too! Have you tried biking or spinning? I wonder how that would feel on your hips.

Anyhow, best wishes for a healthy rest-of-your-pregnancy and glad to see you here – hope we hear from you more often!
SeattleRunnerGirl´s last blog post ..I Don’t Know What to Say

Alison October 5, 2010 at 12:51 PM

I hate biking it makes my hips hurt at the best of times and swimming not such a fan of the wet hair thing (yeah, lame I know) So this is great I can keep my head out of the water. The weight lifting feels like an absolute waste now that I have been told not more than 8 pounds (please I was doing 12-15 pound bicep curls) but the water aerobics actually has some great resistance training. I am going to also try running in the pool since the class allows me to do that on other days although I tried last night and it just felt sooooo weird!

beej October 6, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Oh, the joys of being “with child”! Hmm…I don’t think Anna’s looking forward to the when we decide to have kids. It’s greta to hear form you, though, Alison! And I’ve been missing your recipes–that chili looks tasty (as always).

Glad you’re doing reasonably well–if only that you’re frustrated with no great exercise–but I think that water aerobics will be great for you!
beej´s last blog post ..Quickie

Biz October 6, 2010 at 10:35 AM

YOUR BACK! Seriously, every time I checked back, and I saw that August date I was like “I hope she didn’t lose the baby, get in a car accident, etc.” My mind wanders when someone doesn’t post for so long!

I wish I could help you feel better about yourself – yep, you’ll gain weight while pregnant, and I know its hard for you to wrap your brain around because you have come so far, but its temporary.

I gained 45 pounds with my daughter, and a month after she was born I had already lost 35 pounds – most of it was water weight.

HUGE HUGS!!

Biz
Biz´s last blog post ..I wore makeup

Sarah October 6, 2010 at 3:43 PM

That chili looks awesome. Welcome back! And I echo everyone here – you know what to do once the baby does come,and you are paying attention now, so I don’t foresee a disaster. Good luck!

Irene October 14, 2010 at 8:17 AM

I’m glad to know you’re doing well!

I had to laugh over the name thing! Our first was a girl and I was in labor when we were STILL deciding on a name and I had a gut feeling it was a girl. (We didn’t know the sex of the child.)

That Chicken Chili looks so good. I’ll have to try it. Thanks for posting it!
Irene´s last blog post ..It Happens

Nicole, RD October 16, 2010 at 1:23 PM

I’ve been so busy, but I’ve been thinking about you! I hate when husbands are brutally honest. I’ve gotten similar affirmations before and it just…sucks. But you’re growing a beautiful baby in that body of yours and it is going through a LOT right now. It will be worth it, and you were SO successful losing weight, there’s no doubt in my MIND you’ll jump right back on that weight loss journey. Besides, losing so much weight pre-pregnancy only did WONDERS for you and baby…think of it that way 🙂 I’ve been thinking that lately — I’d really like to get to my idea weight so that when we’re ready to start trying, my health and weight and PCOS isn’t holding me back. Hugs, miss you! Update more!!

Biz October 26, 2010 at 10:46 AM

I miss you too! 🙁
Biz´s last blog post ..Don’t let life get in the way

Biz November 8, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Just checking in to see how you are doing! 😀
Biz´s last blog post ..No More Food TV!!

Biz December 29, 2010 at 5:53 AM

I miss you Allison! Hope you are doing well! 😀
Biz´s last blog post ..Merry Christmas!

African Mango January 4, 2011 at 5:04 AM