Struggling

by Alison on July 21, 2010

Sorry I haven’t posted much lately.  I am struggling, I’m feeling fat, I know I know I’m pregnant but really I just feel fat because I don’t feel pregnant… I also feel like a slug because my energy has been so low and I can barely run a mile before I need a walking break.  UGH!  I have been craving sugary, high fat foods and yes, eating some of them, stupid treacherous body, I don’t want that stuff!

Yes, I could walk but it bores me to death, I don’t get my heartrate up, so I get no afterburn and well yeah, it’s BORING!!!!!!  I’m hoping this second trimester stuff is true but so far I’m more tired and my breasts more sore, WTF!

So yes, I’m feeling sorry for myself, I’m aware but it still sucks! One baby just one baby, not doing this again! (especially as I would probably be almost 40 if not 40, no thanks!)

Okay, done whining now.  I have a bunch of food pics to post and I will later this week.

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

SeattleRunnerGirl July 21, 2010 at 3:49 PM

I was pregnant for a while last year and I was EXHAUSTED and TIRED (no, that is NOT redundant lol) the entire time. It was only towards the end of the first trimester (right before I miscarried) that my energy levels shot back up. Hang in there – you’ll get through it! And just keep focusing on the “prize” – you’re doing this all for your baby!
SeattleRunnerGirl´s last blog post ..Mid-Week Update

Sarah July 22, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Yes, hang in there! And don’t be too hard on yourself. There’s some crazy sh*t going on in your body!

beej July 22, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Yeah, Alison, I’d say that you shouldn’t be too tough on yourself. And I agree with Sarah–there’s a lot of craziness going on there right now…give it time!
beej´s last blog post ..Quick Post

Nicole, RD July 23, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Oh, Alison! You are beautiful and going to be a MOMMY! This is exciting!! I have never been pregnant, and I can only imagine what a train wreck I am going to be, but keep updating us…with the good, bad, and ugly! Thinking of you!

Biz July 23, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Sending big hugs your way Alison! If it makes you feel any better, I was 23 when I had Hannah and I was so tired for the first half of my pregnancy, but then it completely went away.

Just try to take it one day at a time, and know that a healthy baby is what matters most right now.

Biz July 26, 2010 at 7:38 AM

Hope you had a good weekend and are feeling better! 😀