Playing Catch up

by Alison on July 4, 2010

I haven’t been in the blogosphere much this holiday weekend.  So we’ll play a quick game of catch up.  We didn’t do much of anything this weekend.  My mother in law came to visit and I had a stressed out dog.  Poor Drake was stressed even with his Xanex 🙁  But at least he didn’t shake once the meds kicked in.  We regressed on the dogs not sleeping in the bed but will get back there when the stupid fireworks are over.  I hate teenagers who set off M80s in the green belt behind our house, hell those made me jump, poor Drake.  It has been so wet we had a hard time lighting the fire pit for the s’mores, so ready for the wet to go away for a while.

The morning of the 4th I woke up with super sore hips again but the dogs NEEDED a long walk to help burn off some energy before the fireworks, too bad they were going on our walk, Drake freaked and we did 2 miles in about 25 minutes, he was pulling me along as fast as I could go, including running some of the time, without a sports bra OMG not a good choice!  All in all with the drippy dreary weather, the loud noises and the stressed dogs I’ll be happy when the weekend is over!

Grass Fed Beef Hot Dog with Low Fat Potato Salad and grilled Veggies

July 2nd

Earned 2 activity points.

• Breakfast –Scrambled Eggs, English Muffin and nectarines
  • Lunch – Orzo and Rice Pilaf
  • Snack – Strawberries
  • Dinner – Mexican out, Carne Asada with corn tortillas and refried beans, tortilla chips, salsa
  • Snack – Homemade granola bar

Earned 20 weekly activity points.

Weekly Mileage Count 12

July 3rd

Earned 0 activity points.

• Breakfast –Breakfast Sandwich, latte
  • Lunch – Meatloaf Sandwich, nectarine
  • Snack – Strawberries
  • Dinner – Hot dog, low fat potato salad, grilled zucchini
  • Snack – S’mores

July 4th

Earned 4 activity points.

• Breakfast –Blueberry Lemon Pancakes with real maple syrup, grapefruit
  • Lunch – yogurt, strawberries, blueberries and a nectarine
  • Snack – almonds and hazelnuts
  • Dinner – Cheeseburger, low fat potato salad, grilled corn on the cob
  • Snack – It’s It

Earned 4 weekly activity points.

Weekly Mileage Count 2

MizFit July 5, 2010 at 1:20 AM

I swear I miss our dogs 364 days a year 🙂
last night? not so much.
LORDY fireworks stressed them out as well.
MizFit´s last blog post ..12510 update -amp your questions answered

Andrea July 5, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Okay, I am not a huge breakfast fan but those Blueberry Lemon pancakes sound awesome. Recipe?

Alison July 6, 2010 at 8:41 PM

Recipe came from Biggest Diabetic Loser, she has some amazing recipes, check them out. Here is the pancake one http://biz319.wordpress.com/2010/03/31/so-not-technical/

Nicole, RD July 6, 2010 at 9:12 AM

No sports bra = no good! I hear ya! Sorry the weekend wasn’t the best, but the eats look great!!

Jen July 6, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Recently ran across your blog. I have found some inspiration with your food pics and recipes! Thanks for reminding me that eating healthy doesn’t mean eating bland or uninteresting food… and that weight loss can result. I’ll be following along with your menu items to end the dinner time rut (what do you want for dinner? I don’t know, what you do want for dinner?).

Alison July 6, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Haha I know that conversation well, it’s why I meal plan a week in advance or convenience foods become too easy. It also means I do less impulse buying in the grocery store because I only go once. I hope you enjoy some of the recipes.

Andrea July 11, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Okay…where does one find a grass fed beef hot dog?

Alison July 12, 2010 at 10:17 AM

I get mine from Thundering Hooves, they are in Walla Walla but deliver to local buying clubs all over the puget sound region, actually all over the state. You place your order for your desired pick up location go to the location on the date and time and pick it up. Everything is frozen so I buy in bulk and the hot dogs are AMAZING.