I’m done with all this losing stuff, I’ve decided to allow myself to gain

by Alison on July 15, 2010

Did I get your attention?

I’m gaining due to eating for 2!  Ben and I are very excited to be pregnant after a good bit of trying oh the joys of being 37…  I had my first ultrasound on Monday as part of a sequential screening for Down’s due to Advanced Maternal Age, doesn’t that just sound horrible?  I get it I’m not not 20 but advanced age in my 30s??? 🙁

I did lose some in my first trimester as planned since I was technically still obese when I conceived I’m going with the recommendation of 12-15 pound gain, the ONLY way I can see managing this was losing some in the first trimester and yes I did ask if that was okay (and it was as long as I didn’t “diet”)

But much of my whinyness is due to sore hips, love those hormones, trying to learn to sleep on my side, really not working well, (sorry baby learn to suck it up) and being freaking EXHAUSTED!  Oh and my boobs hurt constantly which makes running a bit on the painful side if I go too long.  So now you know why the runs have been getting shorter in length and longer in time, why I stopped counting points, and why there has been very little alcohol in the last 3 months (some of you noticed this on your own, very scary :P)

Losing weight definitely helped the fertility issues and eating healthy is the norm for us now so I really hope the eating portion stays under control, so far so good.  The lack of exercise is driving me nuts, but I really don’t have the same energy.  I’m hoping now that I’m in my second trimester that will change, fingers crossed!

I’m due January 20th (Everyone cross your fingers I hold out until the 21st so it’s not a Capricorn and PLEASE cross your fingers it is not a Christmas Baby like me, sharing my birthday with a stupid holiday is bad enough I will not share it with someone else! Yep I’m a bitch that way, the whole month is mine thank you!)  so February it’s full on lose mode again and we can go back to the regularly scheduled program.  For now I find I’m posting more sporadically, maybe that will change now that I’m not trying to keep a secret, and I will continue to blog my food as I’m still trying to eat healthy, I guess this is a chance to work on mindful eating.

I will also be sporadic this week and next as my father is in town and I’m out and about more

Kerrie @ Mom vs. Marathon July 15, 2010 at 8:53 AM

I was wondering when this news was going to break. Congratulations!

PS: There will be no “regularly scheduled program” after baby arrives. 🙂
Kerrie @ Mom vs. Marathon´s last blog post ..Summer of Weight Loss Challenge- Confess!

Alison July 15, 2010 at 1:10 PM

LOL, I know, but I can dream, can’t I? ;p

Biz July 15, 2010 at 12:03 PM

Hooray for it being public – I have to admit, I almost spilled the beans a couple times in the comment section! 😀

Learning to be Less July 15, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Congrats!!! So glad you posted this. I still want to eat your foods. Glad your appointment went well. You will be in my thoughts. Now the question is….do you feel if it is a boy or a girl?
Learning to be Less´s last blog post ..Blogging Comes to Life!

Alison July 15, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Well the ultrasound they thought 85% girl BUT way early… We did pick out boys names and can’t agree on a girls name so I THOUGHT it was a boy but watching how it jumped up and down on my bladder during the ultrasound, I’m going with girl!

beej July 15, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Congrats!! I’m so excited for you guys!!

I’m such a guy–I didn’t even notice or wonder…haha!!
beej´s last blog post ..Flexibility

Alison July 15, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Haha such a boy! We still need to get you guys over for dinner, BEFORE the family reunion/party 😛

seattlerunnergirl July 17, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Congratulations! I totally didn’t notice either, and I can’t even play the “guy” card! I’m so excited for you! (If you couldn’t tell from my overuse of exclamation points!) 🙂
seattlerunnergirl´s last blog post ..Chay-Chay-Channnnge

Nicole, RD July 18, 2010 at 5:39 PM

I second Biz – YAY for you and your news being announced to all! I couldn’t be happier for you! 37…27….whatever! You did things the right way and I wish you a healthy, happy pregnancy! You’ll do great!!! Couldn’t be happier for you! Post baby bump pictures along the way!! 🙂

Monica July 18, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Woo hoo! Congratulations! Yes – post pics along the way. Here’s to a healthy you and a healthy baby. Cheers!
Monica´s last blog post ..Dilly broad bean salad with sugar snaps and goats cheese

Irene July 25, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Congratulations!

My sister, niece, grandmother and PT are all on January 20. All Capricorns, but we don’t hold that against them. LOL. FYI, they’re all successful.
Irene´s last blog post ..Orbs