June 21st Food and Exercise Journal

by Alison on June 21, 2010

I took today off as well and my hip seems to be feeling  better, if it feels better tomorrow I will probably go for a run.  Today is NOT the first day of summer, at least not in spirit.  For breakfast I had cherry vanilla oatmeal, I need to make another big pot since I finished off the current pot.  For lunch I was craving broth so I had beef pho.  For dinner I made Cornish Pasties.  I made the pastry from whole wheat flour and used super lean beef that I trimmed what little visible fat there was.  They were super tasty, Ben wants more… and now doesn’t believe I can’t bake, I tried to explain it’s not really baking but he doesn’t believe

Now on to the sucktastic part of my day.  I can’t find my wedding rings 🙁  I know I had them Saturday at WeightWatchers.  I took them off to weigh in and I put them back on but that is the last time I can be sure that I saw them.  I called the places we went on Saturday, no luck, of course they might have been swept up at the movie theatre or someone may have just taken them.  I have torn the house apart looking and I have a vague recollection of putting them down and thinking it was a dumb place to put them but that could have been 2 weeks ago for all I remember.  So I feel like a tool and Ben is being way too nice and bah life sucks.  I blame the weather!

Cornish Pasties all in a row

June 21st

Ate 24 of 23 points. Earned 0 activity points.

• Breakfast (5) –Cherry Vanilla Oatmeal
  • Lunch (9)–  beef noodle soup
  • Dinner (10) –Whole Wheat Cornish Pasty (10), Zucchini (0)

Running Weekly totals used 21 of 35 weekly points, earned 0 activity points.

Weekly Mileage Count 0

Cornish Pasty and steamed zucchini

beej June 22, 2010 at 7:23 AM

Oh man, Alison, that’s a bummer. I really REALLY hope you find them!!! I don’t even wear my “real” wedding ring anymore, since I’m now a ring size 10 instead of a 13…so I have a cheap-o $20 Target ring on. But my original ring was only a hundred or so, which is probably way less than yours…

Also, those pasties look awesome!!!

Hope you feel better soon.
beej´s last blog post ..Week 63

Jenn June 22, 2010 at 8:09 AM

I’m so sorry about your ring! I still remember when I lost my ring 2 years ago. When I finally accepted that it was really lost, I went through a grieving period for it. I know it’s just a thing and my marriage was still intact despite losing my ring, I still mourned for it. And my husband was also too nice about it as well. Crossing my fingers that you are able to find it!
Jenn´s last blog post ..Lime and Coconut Chicken

Nicole, RD June 22, 2010 at 10:08 AM

OH NO!! Are they insured? I hope so 🙁 That is horrible, I am so sorry! I thought I lost mine once and it was in a bag of CILANTRO in the FRIDGE! Seriously? Seriously. I hope you find them!

The Cornish pastry looks incredible!

Alison June 22, 2010 at 11:55 AM

Insured crap no, didn’t even think of that but honestly I don’t want to replace them, I just want those rings and if I don’t find them I will stop wearing rings.

Biz June 22, 2010 at 10:36 AM

I am so sorry to hear that Alison!! My sister actually lost the STONE out of her diamond – um, just the stone was $5k in 1994! Fingers crossed you’ll find them!

On a positive note – love the cornish pasties!!!

Hugs!

Alison June 22, 2010 at 11:55 AM

They were yummy 🙂

Monica June 22, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Alison, I’m impressed that you were actually able to WRITE over the panic you must be experiencing over those rings. I do hope you find them. Sending good vibes your way… at least the things are well on the food front. Those Cornish Pasties look phenomenal!
Monica´s last blog post ..Back from vacation – so what have I missed?

Alison June 23, 2010 at 12:34 PM

They have been found!!!!!! now I need to get them resized!