Punchy!

by Alison on May 7, 2010

I am so punchy today, I think it’s because my body was expecting a long long run and instead got a short long run so I was still full of energy.

Huevos Rancheros

I started the morning a bit slow, sleeping in a bit with the dogs.  I finally got out for my run and my long run was shorter than usual, it was a cutback week so I only had to run 4 miles.  Later Ben and I took the dogs for a 2 mile walk and I spent some time in the garden, thinning and replanting some things that didn’t survive our week of colder than usual weather 🙁 All that activity and I’m still bouncing off the walls at 8 PM. Oh and throwing the ball for Luna ad nauseum.  I’ve already burned more than 3000 calories according to my Bodybugg.

Pita Pizza and Salad

For breakfast I had an egg with a bagel thin and laughing cow, on the other hand I made Ben a pretty amazing huevos rancheros, perfectly spiced, in retrospect I had plenty of points for it (since I had enough for wine), oh well.  For lunch we had pita pizzas, a salad and strawberries with Greek yogurt, so good (it looks like there is more yogurt than strawberries but they are just buried).  For dinner we had the end of the couscous stuffed pepper with roasted asparagus.  I also made vitamufins, so much cheaper from the mix than buying them premade and I save freezer space, bonus!

Strawberries with Greek Yogurt

May 7th

Ate 24 of 24 points. Earned 7 activity points.

• Breakfast (4.5) –Egg (2), Bagel thin (1), laughing cow (1), grapefruit (0.5)
  • Lunch (9.5)–Pita Pizza (5), salad with vinagrette (1), Strawberries (0.5), Greek Yogurt (2), maple syrup (1)
  • Dinner (8)–Spinach, Parmesan and Couscous stuffed pepper (5), Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Brown Butter (2), wine (2), Vitamuffin (1)

Weekly Mileage Count 16.5

Just Baked Vitatops

Spinach, Parmesan and Couscous Stuffed Pepper with Roasted Asparagus

results not typical girl May 8, 2010 at 4:46 AM

wow. great pics. and 3000 calories burned? cripes! i envy your body bug. the gruve is on my wishlist. i’m new too popchips and i can’t decide whether to send the woman who introduced them to me a love letter or hate mail, lol! well i’m off to wear my mommy cape. have a great weekend! 🙂 hugs, kirsten
.-= results not typical girl´s last blog ..the roar less traveled =-.

Alison May 8, 2010 at 6:23 AM

I totally know what you mean about the popchips, BBQ best flavour hands down, they live in the garage and I buy the single serve bags on Amazon, at least the worst I can do is 1 serving 😛

beej May 8, 2010 at 7:06 AM

Yeah, but at least with all that extra energy, you burned a ton of Calories! Sweet!!
.-= beej´s last blog ..Namaste my Tookus =-.

Alison May 8, 2010 at 1:21 PM

LOL yea I did burn tons of calories, hopefully I will today as well I had to dig 4 deep holes in our rock filled soil…

Nicole, RD May 8, 2010 at 8:54 AM

I feel like that throwing Lily’s ball sometimes, too! Or playing tug-of-war! They’re so energetic sometimes! That stuffed pepper looks AMAZING! And your VitaTops…wow! Impressive! Do they have all that fiber in them? I love Vita Tops and I’d LOVE to save some money by making them at home!

Alison May 8, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Yes, they do have all the fiber here are the stats as prepared which includes adding 3 eggwhites, water and 1/4 cup chocolate chips
Calories 100
Fat 1.5g
Cholesterol 0
Sodium 115
Poatassium 170
Carb 21g
Fiber 5g
Sugars 10g
Protein 4g
Ingredients: whole wheat flour, organic evaporatd cane juice, chocolate chips (sugar, choclate liequor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin and vanilla), cocoa, soy fiber, Inulin, dried honey, wheat gluten, leavening, tricalcium phosphate, lecithin, sea salt, xanthan gum, vitamins)

Biz May 8, 2010 at 2:15 PM

I think I am the last person on earth who hasn’t tried a muffin top! They look amazing!!

hope you are enjoying your Saturday!
.-= Biz´s last blog ..Prom Pics and BSI – Cashew! =-.

Alison May 8, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Ah but you actually bake, me and baking are like oil and water so I need help 😛