I’m still liking the monthly resolutions, and this month I will mostly be reinforcing the ones I have picked up but I do plan to add one or two new ones.
I hope that these things that I add monthly will add up to lots of changes over the year, taken in smaller more manageable bites. So New Month’s Resolution will be a regular feature.To review last month my resolutions were
1. To enjoy some form of activity every day. (old)
2. To lose 5 pounds.
3. To cut out artificial sweetners, so no yogurts, juices, sodas, coffees, etc with splenda, nutrasweet or the like. If I want something sweet it have to be from something that grew, either fruit or <gasp> real sugar, honey, molasses etc. (old)
4. To run at least 12 miles a week
Number one is just a part of life now… I got at least 30 minutes of activity every day. Most days I did more than 90 minutes, several days I worked out then walked the dogs with Ben in the evening for another 30 minutes. I lost 4.2 pounds or 0.8 pounds less than my goal, I think I am changing my goal to be 4 pounds a month or a pound a week. I am torn between it being a stretch and it being a bit frustrating that I can’t seem to hit it the closer I get to goal. I had artificial sweeteners a few times in sodas. I ran a 10k race, ran it, all of it, OMG and another day I ran seven miles. I smoked my 12 miles a week goal running a total of 82 miles this month! The run a mile a day challenge probably contributed but not that much, way to go me! I flossed 29 of 30 days, now I need to stick with it…
1. To lose 4 pounds.
2. To run at least 15 miles a week
3. To improve my time at my next 10k race (May 23rd)
4. To post at least 4 recipes because I’m slacking