Feeling a bit like a slug…

by Alison on May 18, 2010

I haven’t slept well the past few night, tossing and turning, being mushed by spoiled dogs (yes, I know it’s my own fault) but it makes me grumpy!  Then this morning it was raining and not at all lightly, nope by the end of the day my herbs were all flattened!  So between feeling tired and the rain I decided to switch my rest day and my 50 minute run, they had been the other way around until this week but I changed it for this week, only to change it back, fickle much?  Of course I knew the act of switching them will make it rain twice as hard tomorrow…  So I felt like a slug, I didn’t work out at all, dog walks don’t really count in my book although I’ll take the activity points since it is literally the only thing I did…  Today was the first day I did not reach my target calorie burn goal on my bodybugg and I was under my 30 minutes even with the dog walk, like I said a slug.  The only bonus is I also was not at all hungry and ate significantly less than I normally do.

Creamy Thai Carrot Soup with Siracha

For breakfast I had a peanut butter and banana sandwich and for lunch I had some more of that soup I made, this time I added some siracha, perhaps a bit much, in addition to the drops of it in the picture I had already swirled a bunch in, still good but a bit spicy!  I also made a spinach salad with strawberries, fat free feta and almonds to go with it. When Ben got home we took the dogs for a short walk hoping to miss the rain, which we did, then came home to homemade sloppy joe’s  although I didn’t use Biz’s recipe it made me remember to use my own, no offense Biz it just happens to be one of Ben’s favourites.  For a snack I had walnuts and chocolate pudding. Someone asked about my green beans at one point.  I steam and sautée them at the same time.  I use 1/4 cup water and about 2 tsp butter, put them all in a pot, cover and bring to a boil and toss them with the lid on a few times, then let them steam and sauté at the same time.  Get a bit of butter flavour in every bite but they aren’t drenched in butter.

Although we planned to go to bed early it didn’t really happen since it was Biggest Loser night.  I was sad to see Daris gain, but I hope it shakes him up and helps him get a handle on his food issues and he was marathon training, now clearly that’s not all of it, he should have had a small loss at least but it did play it’s part.  He probably had no idea how to fuel properly and that’s why he was binging at night…  I really hope Daris gets in and not Koli.  Koli was a game player and worse a game player who pretended he wasn’t, he even criticised Melissa for it, but he played games on at least 2 eliminations and he totally copped out on going home.  He didn’t go deal with being at home he ran away like a baby to a martial arts studio to train like it was a mini ranch and not deal with real life.  COP OUT and he deserves to be eliminated for it, oh and for being smug/cocky in general.

Spinach Salad with Strawberries, Feta and Almonds and Balsamic Vinagrette

May 18th

Ate 17.5 of 23 points. Earned 1 activity points.

• Breakfast (4.5) –Peanut butter (2) and banana (1.5) on a sandwich thin (1)
  • Lunch (1)–Creamy Thai Carrot Soup, Spinach and Strawberry Salad with Balsamic Vinagrette (3)
  • Dinner (6)–Sloppy Joes (5) with green beans with butter (1)
  • Snack (3)–walnuts (2), chocolate pudding (1)

Running Weekly totals used 29.5 of 35 weekly points, earned 15 activity points.

Weekly Mileage Count 7

Sloppy Joes and Green Beans

Jenna Z May 19, 2010 at 12:45 PM

This week was rainy and weird for me too. I switched my morning run to an evening run, which is VERY odd but the mornings have been so dreary, I’ve been wanting to stay in and sort of hunker down and stay dry!

Nicole, RD May 19, 2010 at 1:56 PM

That sloppy joe looks yummmmm!!

I AGREE! I hope Daris gets in. You can vote online! I did! Koli got too cocky “promising” his loved ones he’s win. Not cool!

Alison May 19, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Oh yea I voted for him all the times I was allowed for free, none of that 99¢ a text message thing though…

Andrea May 19, 2010 at 8:20 PM

So, I take it you don’t like Koli? 🙂 He seemed alright but he was always mopey and really seemed to lean on Sam. I don’t mind the game playing to some degree as long as you are cool about it and being cocky can be okay but I really didn’t like it when he announced to Sunshine that he was going to come in 1st and she could come in 2nd. I’d like to think he was visualizing himself winning and figured if he could see it, it could happen. I have some experience with that technique and it can work but he did often come off as smug. I am worried about Daris though. I don’t think he thinks he deserves to be happy/thin/a winner on the show or something. He did sabotage himself. I mean if you were trying to win $250,000 I would go to bed early to avoid the temptation and as a drastic measure would have the cabinets locked up. Koli’s strategy was short term thinking if you were really wanting the win. I think he feels confident he can keep the weight off and switched his mindset to winning. I personally like Daris better but they have both literally worked their butts off. 🙂

Alison May 19, 2010 at 8:46 PM

Koli sabatoged Stephanie and I hated him after that, she was my favourite and he made up lies about her. I have no issue with game play when people are honest about it, but several times he called others to task for it which annoyed me. Daris did sabatoge himself but I think he was also sabatoged by the show which probably never taught him that if he is training for a marathon he needs more fuel, it sounds like he tried to stay in his calorie range during the day and lost it at night, he was probably starving. I am not running nearly as much as he was but after running 8 miles if I don’t eat more I’d be crawling the walls at night. I read a fair number of runners blogs and many agree that they don’t lose weight while marathon training and that Bob and Jillian had no idea what they were talking about 😛 which makes sense given how Jillian doesn’t like to run. The big question is who will actually win it. I don’t think Daris can, I don’t think he has that much left to lose, Michael and Ashley both have a good shot, not sure on Koli, I think he could but I don’t want him too.

Andrea May 19, 2010 at 9:06 PM

I must’ve missed that episode. What lies did Koli make up about Stephanie? Weird being Sam’s girlfriend and all. And yes, I agree when training for a marathon you need a whole lot more fuel and different kinds of fuel to keep it going. Daris is kind of isolated out there too. I think he got offtrack with the needing a girlfriend thing. I watched one of the bonus videos on the website and he talked about that quite a bit.

Alison May 21, 2010 at 8:49 PM

He told Ashley that Stephanie threw the weigh in to get rid of Ashley’s mother, and then spread it to Drea too so they voted her off. I personally think he was jealous of Sam spending time with Stephanie and wanted Sam all to himself 😛