Blogger Secret Ingredient: Chard Winner

by Alison on May 31, 2010

I didn’t receive very many entries for this week’s Blogger Secret Ingredient so I ultimately had a very hard choice between two  great looking dishes.

I made Swiss Chard with Currants and Pinenuts and you can find my recipe here.

Four Cheese Baked Penne and Swiss Chard with Currants and Pine Nuts

Now to the two amazing looking recipes that I am looking forward to tying and have to choose between.

The first was Chipotle Chicken and Chard Chili, sent in by Alisa at One Frugal Foodie I am a sucker for white chilis and this one looks great.

Chipotle Chicken and Chard Chili by One Frugal Foodie

The other great looking recipe came from Jenn at Jenn Cuisine: Mostly Gluten Free who made a Hearty Spring Soup

Hearty Spring Soup by Jenn Cuisine

After much internal debate and a discussion with the more indecisive half (aka Ben) we both agreed we leaned ever so slightly to the spring soup, in part because it was easier to imagine how the chard integrated into the dish.  With that said we will be trying both and I hope you will too.

The lovely Nicole from PreventionRD has agreed to host next week and I am looking forward to her secret ingredient.

Robin/Orlando Turtle Runner May 31, 2010 at 7:27 AM

OOoooohhh… both look really yummy and I’m a white chili AND soup gal all the way… thanks for sharing this recipes. Will give them a try (and have never cooked w/ chard, so an adventure). 🙂

HUGS!
r.

Jenn May 31, 2010 at 7:39 AM

Thanks so much, I’m glad you liked my soup! I hope you enjoy it when you make it!! Mmmm I speaking of chard I need to buy some more next time I am at the market…
.-= Jenn´s last blog ..Chive and Dill Pesto =-.

Nicole, RD May 31, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Bummer there were only 2 entries! Chard is so popular in the blogosphere (though, it scares me…I’ve never cooked with it!). Both entries look SO good, I’ll bet it was hard to choose!

Thanks again for passing along the BSI opp to me! 🙂

Joy June 1, 2010 at 6:25 AM

Those are great uses of swiss chard. I wish I was able to post my experiement in time. Maybe next time.

Biz June 1, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Alison – I am so sorry I didn’t participate this week – by the time I thought of it, it was Hannah’s graduation day, and it just slipped my mind.

SO SORRY!

Hugs, Biz

Helen (Fuss Free Flavours) June 2, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Sorry I missed it, my excuse is that we are decorating and the flat is entirely upside down and I dod not have a kitchen for most of last week. I still do not have a camera.
.-= Helen (Fuss Free Flavours)´s last blog ..Review: The Pear Tree, W14 =-.