Kerrie at Mom vs Marathon tagged me for a blog award. I’m supposed to list 7 fun things about me (hard :P) and pass it on to 15 bloggers.
1. Luna’s full AKC name is Spirithawk’s Dark o’ the Moon, when she was a pup who fit in 2 hands this was just too much. And since I didn’t want Drake to feel left out we gave him a silly pretentious name for fun Draconis Dopious Maximus.
2. Ben and I met playing an online game “World of Warcraft” yea, embarrassing 😛 and we are geeky enough to have gone to the game developer’s convention.
3. I moved to Washington almost 2 years ago from Northern California to be closer to Ben before we moved in together and got married (long distance stinks)
4. I love doing astrology and tarot cards, so fun to read the charts and cards.
5. I used to get out of running laps for soccer because after all the goalie didn’t need to run, right? I hated running that much and look at me now.
6. I love to cook, I especially like coming up with healthier versions of favourites and working on them until they taste as good as the original, or close enough. My new favourite appliance is the pressure cooker, brown rice in 15 minutes, corned beef in an hour, what’s not to love.
7. When I was about 9 my mother got me to eat a raw oyster at a sushi bar (I HATE fish) I actually swallowed the most disgusting thing I have ever eaten in my life without spitting it out or vomiting!
Now to pass it on
1. Nicole at PreventionRD who is always full of insight into healthy eating and so willing to share her knowledge
2. Biz at Biggest Diabetic Loser whose site is the most delightful food porn, especially for those who like it hot
3. Mrs Fatass at Did I Just Eat that Out Loud for her always irreverent humour
4. Steve at 265 and falling, who runs his first half marathon tomorrow
5. Beej at Journey to Sanctification who is extended family and a cool guy
6. Erica at Certifiably Fit another one who dispenses her professional advice happily
7. Jess at Half of Jess for saying it like it is so often
8. Seattle Runner Girl who is so honest in her struggles and successes
9. Jewliagoulia who is working her way through couch to 5k
10. Jenn at Slim Shoppin’ who does such a great job showcasing people succeeding at losing
11. Heather at Leading the Weigh a former WeightWatcher’s leader who shares all sorts of tips and tricks
12. Megan at Megan Loses who wanted me to come cook for her 😛
13. Robin at Running Circles Around the Turtles who has great features on runners and lots of great advice as a diabetic runner
14. Kepa at The Fat Lazy Guy’s Log who although he might be down on health blogging at the moment still accomplished an amazing weight loss feat.
15. Last but definitely not least Mary at A Merry Life who has given so much advice and help even when she is not feeling her best.
The long list has up and down sides, I got almost everyone in that I wanted but couldn’t fit you all, so many bloggers I love.
Hooray for Saturday. I lost 0.4 today at my weigh in. Not a great number but I’m happy given that I lost 5 pounds over the preceding 2 weeks, my body was bound to slow it down. The inch loss over the last 2 months though is just amazing, I’m super happy with that!
Ben and I got a new mattress today!!!! I’m so excited the old one is 10 years old and I’ve had it since I weighed at least 85 pounds more (remember at my heaviest I never weighed in…) and the divots etc just suck, I have been having a lousy time getting comfortable and my arms go numb if I lie on my side. Ben has a Tempurpedic that is in our guest room and it’s damn comfortable so we got another Tempurpedic. They could have delivered tomorrow but I have my second 10k race and you just KNOW that delivery time would have been while I needed to be in Seattle for the race… So we’ll get it on Monday. The fun part is we get to walk on it for 30 minutes to help break it in. Personally I hope I can get Luna to have a case of the silly puppies for half an hour and let her run circles on it 😛
For lunch we went to the Rock for pizza, good thin crust and their Bat out of Hell is like a jalapeño popper on a pizza 🙂 The dogs were going stir crazy when we got back so we took them for a nice long walk and Luna STILL wanted to play ball when we got back. For dinner I made Bacon(turkey), Lettuce Tomato and Avocado Sandwiches with Pesto. I love these sandwiches, sooooo savoury. I will get that recipe and the Chile Relleños Casserole up this week, promise :p
Ate 41.5 of 23 points. Earned 2 activity points.
- Breakfast (4) –Fage Greek Yogurt mixed with Fresh Strawberries and a little Grade B Maple Syrup
- Lunch (29.5)–Bat out of Hell Pizza (19), Caesar Salad (4.5), 1/2 Cookie a la mode (6)
- Dinner (8)–BLTA with pesto mixed with low fat sour cream
Running Weekly totals used 18.5 of 35 weekly points, earned 2 activity points.
Weekly Mileage Count 1