I ran a 10k race

by Alison on April 25, 2010

I RAN a 10k race, that’s right ran the whole thing and I didn’t even finish last 🙂  It took me an hour 17 minutes (including a pitstop :P)  It felt awesome, the course was flat right along the puget sound, it was out and back twice with views of the space needle and puget sound, pretty nice.  It was pretty chilly but that was perfect for me so I didn’t get too hot.  3 people finished after me, not that there were that many people running.  I felt good I had never run more than 5 miles before in my life and that only twice (the last two Sundays) and I ran 6.2 miles, ran it, I’m kind of impressed with myself 😛  When I finished I still felt good, yea my knee was a touch sore but it felt fine when I finished.  What is even cooler is I crossed THREE things off of my fitness goals and milestones list! I ran 6 miles, I finished a 10k and I ran a 10k, all in one day.

After the race we went out to brunch at Lola’s and the three of us shared an order of their fresh donuts with vanilla marscapone and rhubarb jam, so amazing.  Then I had pancakes, I actually left one of the three on my plate! with a side of sausage and fresh orange juice. For dinner Ben and I went to Wingdome where I got a cheeseburger with french fries.

Ate 46.5 of 24 points. Earned 11 activity points.

• Breakfast (3) –Peanut butter and 1/2 banana
  • Lunch (19.5)–Orange juice, doughnut holes, pancakes, marscapone, sausage and syrup
  • Dinner (24)–Cheeseburger (11) and fries (10), beer (3)

Running Weekly totals used 22.5 of 35 weekly points, earned 13 activity points.

April Run a Mile a Day Challenge 24/30

Weekly Mileage Count 7

Nicole, RD April 26, 2010 at 8:56 AM

That’s AMAZING! Congrats to you!!! You look absolutely wonderful, and glowing 🙂 You should be so proud!

I appreciated your email so much this weekend – thank you!! *hugs*

Jenn@slim-shoppin April 26, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Yeah Alison!! I am so proud of you!!! Great job and that’s a great time too!

Sarah April 26, 2010 at 10:55 AM

Congratulations! What an impressive accomplishment. How many things does that leave on your goal list? I mean, talk about efficiency, crossing off 3 at one time.
Isn’t it encouraging and exciting to see so much fitness come at once, to make such big leaps in such a short period. You have worked hard for this; sounds like the feeling is worth the pain and the days you just don’t feel like it.
Thinking about your gains and determination inspires me on those don’t-feel-like-it days. Or, on some of them at any rate!
You look terrific.

Jenn@slim-shoppin April 26, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Alison, I just posted your weight loss success story on my blog!!

Check it out when you get a chance :0)

Alison April 26, 2010 at 7:38 PM

I saw it as I get your RSS feed, looks great, thanks!

Shelley B April 27, 2010 at 11:43 AM

I just came over here after reading about you on Jenn’s blog and I had to laugh because I am wearing the exact same shirt as you, right now! We slow runners have to stick together!!! Congratulations on running and finishing your first 10K – I am so impressed!
.-= Shelley B´s last blog ..Joe Conway Memorial 5K Run =-.

Jules April 27, 2010 at 12:57 PM

WTG!!

Checking those things on your list must be so satisfying!

I have a 10K coming up myself this weekend, and I am just hoping to finish tolerably well…training has been downright sucky for the last two weeks and I’m also battling some muscular issues. Definitely will not be aiming for a PR – just a finish without ending up wrecked. 😉

Robin/Orlando Turtle Runner April 28, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Yay!!!!!!!! Alison, congrats, friend! How exciting, and yes, I agree with the others: terribly efficient! I like that you treated yourself that day, too. How fun. 🙂 I’m wondering, though: was breakfast enough to sustain you???

Love the pics – you look positively radiant! I smiled as I read your post, then saw your pictures. So fun to put a face w/ a ‘voice.’ 🙂

HUGS from Orlando!
r.

Alison April 28, 2010 at 5:17 PM

Yep, breakfast holds me over but that was the limit of how long it would hold me I was good until the end then wiped.