6 miles and it’s only Monday! April 5th Food and Exercise Journal

by Alison on April 5, 2010

It’s Monday and I have already done half of the weekly mileage I put down as a goal, nice!  But my other goal is to run a mile a day for the month of April(I signed on to a challenge that a friend is doing) so I should easily exceed my 12 mile goal if I keep at it.  Yesterday’s 4 mile long run felt great, I wasn’t even dead at the end of it, I could have kept going.  I’m so glad that I got a Garmin Forerunner to help me with my runs, yet again I went out to fast but slowed my pace to what my training pace for a long run should be and I’m sure that’s why I could do all 4 and still have energy, and I was even at the fast end of that pace.  Today I did 2 miles then about an hour of strength training, full body with a mile and half on the treadmill interspersed to keep my heart rate up.

For breakfast I made a breakfast sandwich with Canadian bacon, an egg and eggwhite and cheese.  Then did my workout.  For lunch I made a salad that I stuffed into Pitas with some cut up lamb and I had a cup of blueberries on the side.  For dinner I made a cauliflower mac and cheese, next time I need to cut the cauliflower smaller but it was very good, a big serving and very filling.  Finally had some angel food cake with strawberries.

Mondays are stinky any way you cut it.  Mondays and Thursdays are laundry day and the kitchen always looks like a bomb went off no matter how much I clean as I go.  I think it’s having Ben around he just makes more mess than I do on my own.  Scoop dog poop, the list goes on…

Ate 23 of 24 points. Earned 7 activity points.

Breakfast(6) – Egg, egg white, bagel thin, canadian bacon, neufchâtel cheese, tangelo

Lunch (6.5)–Pita (1) with 2 1/2 oz trimmed lamb (3.5), salad with balsamic vinagrette (1) and 1 cup blueberries (1).

Snack (2)– Angel Food Cake (2)

Dinner (7)–Cauliflower Mac and Cheese (6), Green Beans (1)

Running Weekly totals used 23 of 35 weekly points, earned 16 activity points.

Breakfast sandwich

Lamb Pitas with Salad inside (really more salad than lamb, even if it doesn’t look that way.

The whole lunch including blueberries

Cauliflower Mac and Cheese, straight from the oven

Cauliflower Mac and Cheese with Green Beans

Mel- Tall MOM April 6, 2010 at 9:08 AM

Try the website above I have and love the double pouch. I have no idea the size of an Epipen??

Alison April 6, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Thanks for the response. I checked it out and can’t seem to find dimensions any way you would be willing to measure your pouch? My epipen is 6 inches long and 1 1/4 inches in diameter (so about 1 1/2 inches longer than an iphone)

Biz April 6, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Love your cauliflower mac n cheese idea – I may steal that for my lunch tomorrow!

Um, pretty sure my kitchen ALWAYS looks like a bomb went off – it drives my daughter absolutely nuts!

I am a clean when I am done person – my daughter and husband are a clean as you go 😀

Great job on the exercise!!!!!!!!!

Alison April 6, 2010 at 2:49 PM

The cauliflower mac and cheese came out great and kerrygold has a new reduced fat cheddar that is sharp and tangy and perfect, I like noodles but I like cauliflower and its nutritional profile as well so I got more of the good stuff (cheese) over the mac and cauliflower, a win all the way around.
I am both in the kitchen I clean as I go but after dinner I don’t want to sit and clean what is left so I pack up leftovers and leave the rest until morning. I also hate my kitchen, bad lay out and too small makes it look worse than it is…

Mary (A Merry Life) April 6, 2010 at 2:59 PM

For the cauliflower mac and cheese did you just put cauliflower in with how you regularly cook it? That looks so good! What a clever idea! 🙂

Alison April 6, 2010 at 3:12 PM

I actually have a pot that is a spaghetti pot, so you can pull it out and drain it and it has a steamer basket on top. So I just put the cauliflower in to steam the whole time that I cooked the noodles, but you could just put them in the pot to boil with the noodles the last 3 minutes that they are cooking since they all go in the same pot. I’ll try to post a recipe tonight since this seems to be a hit.