Points 6 per serving (approximately 1 cup)
Cook time 30 minutes
- 6 oz uncooked Whole Wheat Penne
- 14 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 6 oz chopped kalamata olives
- 1 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (4 oz) crumbled feta cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
Sprinkle chicken with salt. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté 2 minutes. Add onion; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in cooked pasta, olives, oregano, and pepper; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat, and stir in cheese.
- Nutritional Analysis per Serving
- Serving size: 1 cup
- Calories 280
- Total fat 5.5g
- Saturated fat 2.5g
- Protein 22g
- Carbohydrates 33 g
- Fiber 6g
Ben likes Feta so this recipe came together as a lighter version that still had lots of feta flavour. It turned out really well the salty flavours blended really well with the mild chicken flavour.